Saturday, November 1, 2008

Photography

Like a lot of people I enjoy photography. You see a great photograph and say to yourself, Wow how did the photographer get that effect or such a fantastic exposure. There are so many settings on a camera, it is hard to get the right kind of combination to get the exposure you are looking for.

These days, a lot of photographers take a shot and enhance it with photoshop. While that's fine and dandy, that program is pretty damn expensive and you practically need a college degree in photoshop to use all of it's magic, plus all the photoshop extensions that are available separately. It's enough to make ones head spin.

While I do from time to time use photo editing software, I try to get the creative effect from the settings on the camera. Doing this can be as complicated and frustrating as going through photoshops dizzying array of options. There is a lot a trial and error involved, but there is a lot of info out there to help us on our photographic journeys. While I am no where close to being a great photographer, every now and then I take an image that I find interesting.

For those of us that are interested amateurs, there is quite a bit of help out there to guide us on our photographic sojourns. Here are a couple of resources I find useful. Popular Photography's how to archive, Webshots Blog,Photo.net are just a couple of resources I find have a wealth of info on how to improve the quality of your photography.

No comments: